Monday, February 19, 2007

After last night's show, I had to stop and get gas. While I was pumping, I noticed out of the corner of my eye that a young black woman was staring at me. She was also pumping gas. She had a nice little sports car.

I watched the digital read-out on my pump for a little bit, then I turned fully in her direction. And it was then that she said, "Nice cape."

I sort of clumsily mumbled thanks, and that was the end of it.

Sometimes I wish I were more debonair. Nice cape. That's an ice breaker if I've ever heard one. Instead, I went home to my cat.

1 Comments:

Blogger SW said...

Sometimes, I wish I had a cape to wear around town.

You could've said "Thanks, it gets me great mileage," and hopped back into your car without a second thought, leaving an air of mystery trailing behind you.

Right? Cause you were both at the gas station?? Boy, I just came up with that on the fly (again, no pun intended). That is solid gold material right there!!

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home