Monday, October 17, 2005

Hello.

I've decided that my internet name is going to be Gary.

I work at a natural history museum. And in my spare time I perform magic for children's birthday parties under the name 'The Masked Sorcerer.' You may be wondering why I have such a simple and seemingly uncreative stage name. It is because back when I was using the name 'The Great Baldini' I didn't get very much work. I don't know why that is.

Even as 'The Great Baldini' I wore a mask, which I think confused some people (since I didn't promote it beforehand). So when I decided to change my name, I knew I wanted to include 'mask' somewhere within it.

I've always worn a mask because I don't want anyone I work with to know I perform at children's parties. One time, I was picking up my tux from the dry cleaner (a couple days earlier I had made a mess of my sleeves and cumberbun when the vanishing milk trick went terribly array) and I ran into Derek, one of the people in my carpool. When he saw that I was holding a tuxedo I knew I had to think quickly. So I told him I was attending a wedding. When he asked whose wedding, I spit out the first name I could think of, Gary Baldini.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home